Updated: Mar 25
Spring always makes me think of freshness and the exhilaration of getting outside in lighter clothing. After being bundled up in layer - upon layer of clothing just to stay warm, its time to shed the weight of winter and Spring ahead with new trends. Overall it is a season of extremes from frivolity and feminine touches to bold riotous prints. Here is our FINN ⚓️ LUCCA Style list of the Top 10 Trends you'll be seeing in the stores and some items you can dig out from your closet.
1. Tropical Florals take vacation-wear out of your luggage and into an every day affair. It's VACAY everyday this Spring & Summer with fun juicy floral prints that have a way of lifting your spirit. No need for a trip down to the tropic zone - just a quick trip to your local boutique. Look for colors that flatter your color code and enjoy adding these vibrant prints as a playful closet addition.
2. Ruffle- Sleeves Add a bit of romance and elegance to your sleeves this Spring. This trend takes your outfit up a notch and adds volume to your looks in all the right place. You will find Ruffles on Blouses and on Dresses this season but make sure the Ruffles are balanced. Wear a skirt or pants that are fitted through the waist and hips. I love the Peplum on this Navy Menswear stripe FINN & LUCCA top as it is good on most body types.
3. The Cargo Pant This pant is back from the 90's and it's the street style trend that has exploded all over the internet for good reason. This pant can be worn dressed up when in satin, or dressed down in linen or denim... it's so versatile. It's the must wear pant of the season and a look I have already added to my 27 Hangers for the season. Shop for a higher waist version (not hip-huggers) and pair with chunky heels, oversized jackets and fitted tops.
4. Tie-Dyed The 70's trend is back and has the feeling of youth and summertime. It's fun and colorful and you will find it in everything from t-shirts and sweatshirts to dresses and accessories. FINN & LUCCA has a great Tie-Dye Hoodie that will make you feel young and fresh. This trend will add Pop to any outfit and be easy to throw on for errands or to make a creative statement.
5. Trouser Suits You don't need to be working 9-5 to take advantage of the ease of a 2 pc. Suit. What makes the 2 pc. suits fresh for spring are the bold colors and more relaxed fit. The benefits of a Trouser Suit is it makes you feel like your life is together and you have a confident air about you. What I love is that its an easy outfit when worn together or you can style one of dozens of ways when you wear each piece separate. It is a great special occasion outfit that has the WOW factor. I'm sold.
6. Wild Print Pants To add a dose of your own personal style try bringing a wild print pant into your wardrobe for Spring/Summer of 2023. These pants are as cool feeling as shorts and can take you anywhere from the beach to shopping to lunch to dinner. Watch the scale of the pattern...If you are a Rock Star over 5'6" go for a bold pattern. If you are a glamour girl and under 5'2" then opt for a smaller pattern that will not over power you.
7. Lace and Sheer The Lace trend taps into the sheer trend while bringing a more conservative and ornate look with artisan detailing. Wear Lace, Eyelet or Tops with Cut-out detailing as these light looks lend themselves to beautiful warm weather. Another trend to try is a sheer sleeve on a Puff-Sleeve blouse or a Ruched Sleeve and take on two trends as one. These styles are good for more dressy occasions that you will be attending such as graduations, bridal showers, weddings or that special night out.
8. Psychedelic and Wavy Prints Here is a Print Story that harks back to the 70's in a groovy and awesome way. If you love fabric and prints like I do you will see this Fab look brought to life in Swirls, Waves and other computer generated graphic patterns. Embrace this playful look with fun dresses, blouses and t-shirts. FINN & LUCCA has a signature collection of Waves for Spring/Summer 2023 to show off your cool Coastal Style.
9. Pinstripes to Bold Stripes If you love Stripes like I do then this is the season where you can Salute Stripes and find a great selection in the stores. Go for bold stripes in bright colors if you want to make a statement or for a subtle look pinstripes in pastels... the choice is yours. Cabana and Caravan Stripes will be the stand outs for the season. A classic will always be the FINN & LUCCA signature Breton Shirt in both long or short sleeve.
10. The Classic Graphic TEE. Trend #10 is a classic Style that every women should have in her wardrobe season after season. What's better than a comfortable worn in T-Shirt that shouts your affinity for a brand - a rock band - a product or just a fun saying. This Spring wear one under a blazer and look pulled together for a night out with friends or running errands. FINN ⚓️ LUCCA will debut its line of La Mare and Il Lago logo goods this Resort Season beginning Memorial Day Weekend.
Watch for my posts on Social Media in April to see how I took my own 27 pieces of clothing from the Spring/Summer 2023 Closet Outfit Planner and pulled together over a months worth of outfits. I will show outfits for Running Errands, Sunday Brunch, A weekend Get-a-Way, A Work Day, An Evening out, and some fun Spring Celebrations. You can also plan to attend the 27 Hangers LIVE Interactive event on Saturday June 24th at the FINN ⚓️ LUCCA Farm.
Founder of FINN ⚓️ LUCCA