Fall is here and the big question is ... How do I layer so I can stay warm but still look stylish? Layering is what Fall is all about and what makes Fall Fashion so much fun. Most of the Outerwear this Fall seems to be relaxed and oversized making it a perfect choice to layer up stylishly and stay warm in our Wisconsin Winter. Here is the FINN ⚓️ LUCCA Style Edit from LaLucca.
1. The Oversized Blazer - For those of us who love the classic Blazer this trend will have us welcoming Fall and Cooler Weather. Wear your oversized Blazer to work with wide leg trousers or over a hooded sweater and denim for a more casual look. If your style personality is Modern Classic then add some fun loafers. If you are a Pure & Natural slip on your favorite White Sneakers.
2. The Utility Jacket - If you are an outdoor person like me you will need a good Waterproof or Waxed Jacket that can take you from a Day Hiking in the Woods to Shopping on a Cool Windy day. Focus this purchase on utility and practical details. Make sure you have plenty of pockets to store your gloves and a high collar or hood when you don't have a scarf. This jacket is best with denim and a hearty lug sole boot. As winter rolls around you can brave the weather in a pair of classic riding or hunting boots and still be stylish.
3. Anything Leather - From Blazers to Vests t0 Jackets to Trench coats to Joggers, Leather is a big trend this season. A mid-weight Leather gives you the opportunity to add a cozy sweater and layer up so you might want to buy up a size. Style Tip; Wear a leather vest under a wool coat for a classic menswear look. I also love the juxtaposition of a Leather Jacket over some softer relaxed or wide-leg bottoms to keep a chic look. I would wear my new shearling clogs or some ankle boots when the snow starts to fly.
4. Shearling - Fuzzy fabrics and furs are in style across all wardrobe categories from Outerwear to shoes and purses. Faux Fur and Shearling are going to be a huge trend this year and will keep us warm even when our temperatures dip into the 20's in Wisconsin. Wear your Shearling with a pop of color like Marsala Red or Bubblegum Pink to mix up the ruggedness of this look.
5. The Bomber Jacket - Originally made of leather for the Biker Chic inside all of us. These past seasons we have seen the Bomber in everything from Waterproof, Satin, Quilted, Suede and all different fabrics. Wear a Bomber with high-waisted jeans that work well with the cropped proportion of the Jacket. Style with a sweater or long sleeve T-shirt for a cozy Fall Festival look. A lug sole boot works perfect with the edgy look of a Bomber Jacket and adds an unexpected element.
Now look through your closet and see what is lurking in the back or add one of these trends to your next local shopping experience. Remember to always shop on purpose and not on impulse. Make sure when shopping for Outerwear that you wear a heavy layer underneath to give you an idea of sizing and styling. You must also know your body type when you are out shopping, I use the bOdX system to help women know how to accentuate the positive and down play the problem areas. Overall the key is to knowing your own personal style and lifestyle... what will you wear over and over AND what will look the best, is the Best Outerwear for YOU this Season. A Warm Outerwear Piece, Layered Up with a knit hat and scarf is my secret weapon throughout these long cold months. So make it an impactful outer layer and Happy Styling !!
Anchored in Love, 💙⚓️💙